Test Footer

CAJUN SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE

 



Cajun Shrimp Scampi is a very delicious and quick recipe. That’s tasty, you will never avoid this recipe, it’s suitable for all occasions.


This is delicious! Followed the steps and I’m very pleased! Used fresh parsley too. For all the ingredients without measurements, start small and take it from there. This only required a pinch of flour to thicken up while on the heat, for example. I like my food spicy so I did add half a scotch bonnet pepper during the final boil phase as I whisked it, took it out when I was done and boom, the Jamaican in me was happy lol. Even without the parm, I was enjoying my meal. Didn’t remember to add it until I was half done my plate lol


This recipe is a hot one, but wonderful, delicious, and irresistible! If you are weak of tongue, then divide the amounts of peppers in half. Better to add more than spoil your creation! Bay scallops are recommended, you can use the larger sea scallops if they are cut in half. This dish can also be placed in a casserole dish and placed under the broiler until the top will be golden and brown!


Lots of people have observed that this recipe is too peppery. Most people, however, love the cohesion of the sauce. I think I have found a good balance.


This recipe is Very Special! I used 2cups of half-&-half and 2 cups of milk. I made it with 1lb scallops and 0.5lb shrimps. I didn’t use much more of other spice (pepper) but with the addition of 1/2tsp of cajun spice.


Recipe Infos:

Course: Main Course

Cuisine: American

Prep Time: 05 Minutes

Cook Time: 10 Minutes

Total Time: 15 Minutes

Servings: 6 servings


INGREDIENTS NEEDED:


* 12 raws of shrimps (as many as you’d like, I like having a lot in my pasta)


* 1 serving of pasta (preferably linguine)


* 2 cloves garlic, minced


* 2 tbs. butter


* 1/2 c. heavy cream


* shredded parmesan cheese


* 1/8 tsp. basil


* salt and pepper to taste


* flour (to thicken)


* cajun seasoning


* 1/4 c. parsley


* White wine (not shown)


* olive oil (not shown)


RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS:

Heat a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the butter, a drizzle of olive oil, and a dash of white wine, and bring to a boil.


Now add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.


Add the shrimps.


Next, season the shrimps with the Cajun seasoning., be generous (to your liking)!


Flip the shrimps when are pink on one side and cook for another minute and remove them from the pan, leaving the liquid.

Slowly start adding the heavy cream, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.

Bring to a boil and whisk in sprinkles of flour until sauce thickens.


Lower heat to medium-low and add shrimp again.


When finished, toss shrimp to coat with sauce and serve over pasta, topping with parmesan cheese.


Enjoy!!


Post a Comment

0 Comments